Monday, June 22, 2009

Ain't that big..??

Today while I was taking my routine morning walk,I was suddenly reminded of the name Walter Hudson. I couldnt associate that name with anything. I kept thinking about how that name came to my mind but to no vain. I just couldnt remember a thing. Then again a small image flashed in my mind. It was that of an English course book that we had in school. Things started falling into place faintly. But I was still restless and I wasnt sure what I had in mind was correct or not. So I googled it. Bingo..!! I was right.
Walter hudson was the fattest man on earth. He weighed more than 500 kgs and had his name come in Guinness Book of World Records. Then i faintly remembered that in our course book we had a picture of this man sitting on a sofa. Now i remembered everything. I read more about him. I was completely devastated when I read his daily average intake of food. Two boxes of sausages, 12 eggs, one loaf of bread, a pound of bacon, four hamburgers, 4 cheeseburgers, eight portions of fries, three ham steaks, two chicken, four baked potatoes, four sweet potatoes and four heads of brocolli. Oh my gosh. Can anybody really have the heart to digest all that. Some say that his waist was approximately 110 inches wide. Thats 'crazily' giant and most unbelievable. But thats not all. Walter Hudson is actually the fourth fattest man on the earth, the first position being held by a Mexican guy named Manuel Uribe Garza who weighs 550 ks approximately.
But Walter Hudson excites me more because he once made the headlines when whe got stuck when he tried to pass through a door. It took 9 firemen to take him out of the mess. This man died in his sleep when he was 41.
It is sometimes really fascinating to read about these kind of people. I realised one thing that the fattest people in this world did not gain weight because they had certain abnormalities but because they liked to eat. Obviously when they gained huge amounts of weight, it was only then that they started suffering from a pool of diseases. I was going through another article and there were about 30 such people who had their weight more than 400 kgs. Walter Hudson liked to eat and did not feel the need to loose weight. A lot of these people have died already majorly due to their weight. So, the best thing to do is stay fit and stay healthy. While I have been writing this blog there is a sense of motivation that is coming in me to loose weight. And I am hitting the gym from tomorrow :)






4 comments:

@ease said...

here you go..!!
gurl, u goin gr8...
jus keep the spirits high wothout alcohal.

sona said...

im inspired too...
m going to gym as well...

harpreet said...

hey u btr stay away from the list of fattest ppl.... :P
muah.... keep woking hard... eat healthy foods.... n stop eating junk.... ok?? love u....

@ease said...

so, howz was the 1st date wid Gym..??