Friday, June 19, 2009

The dream in my eyes

Star light, Star bright
First star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
I have a wish I wish tonight...


I have a big dream in my eyes. In these 22 years of my life that I have lived so far, I have made uncountable compromises and sacrifices, some as small as bacteria and some as humongous as a blue whale. On some occassions I wanted to do somethings in life which I couldnt because I had to make someone else happy. Every body makes compromises. Thats a part of life. But I have something else in my mind.
When I was a kid, my parents always pushed me to indulge in various sports and co-cirricular activities. I was always kept busy. I never liked that and considered it as a burden. Now that I have grown up I realise how correct they were in forcing me to do so. I am really grateful that they made a fine woman out of me.
However, there were a few things that my parents didnt do to me. There are still a certain qualities which 'if' I had, I would have been a different person altogether. Its not that my parents are to be blamed for that but there are other external factors which sometimes do not let us do what actually is intended.
But when you talk about me and my future, I will fight against all odds and never let these factors affect the lives of my children. You have got that right, I dream of making my children's lives easier. My future children will be polished to the core so that they make themselves independent and self sufficient to stand in front of the whole world. That is my dream.
There will be no compromise made when it would come to my children. They will be tough. I am still unmarried, I dont know what my future is going to be like, who will be my husband, how will my in-laws be. I have no answer to these questions. But somewhere deep inside I know that even if my husband and my in-laws do not support me, I will still bring the best out of my kids. And for that I need to prepare myself for the worst possible outcome. To make my kids self-sufficient, I have to make my self completely self sufficient and in control of my own self. Ofcourse, the love and support from my husband and my in-laws would be an added benefit.
I wish to see my children doing what I couldn't do. I wish to see my children know all that I didnt know. I have a dream in my eyes. A dream without an end...






3 comments:

sona said...

pretty nice....

@ease said...

u r too emotional...

annum said...

and romantic as well :) Wish your dreams come true and you continue to dream big...